Vicky Nunes

TPP190: Winning Mentality

7 posts in this topic

Listen to this week's podcast here.

If you're a Property Podcast listener you're already a winner, but in this episode we discuss how to cultivate a winning mindset to push yourself to even greater levels of success.

In property as with anything else, what separates the high-achievers from the rest generally isn't technical ability or knowledge – it's having the attitude to spot and capitalise on opportunities, and overcome the inevitable challenges.

We get into:

• What we can learn from top athletes and business people
  • How to turn yourself into a happy and positive person
  • The importance of self-awareness
  • Why we go to ridiculous lengths to avoid negative influences
  • Tweaks you can make to your communication to influence your worldview
  • The woo-woo bit: why we both have a gratitude practice
  •  

Along the way we mention:

Alexissoi and darren mcneill like this

Surprised that no-one has commented on this podcast.  I have found it very useful, especially after going through a couple of weeks of self doubt due to purchase issues on my first BTS property.

The podcast helped put my mind back into focus, and reminded me of some basic thought processes that I had allowed to slip by.

Cheers :)

Cheers Darren. Glad you enjoyed it, and even better that it came at an important time for you. Really pleased to hear that it's had such a positive impact :)

darren mcneill likes this

On 7 March 2017 at 7:43 PM, rob bence said:

Cheers Darren. Glad you enjoyed it, and even better that it came at an important time for you. Really pleased to hear that it's had such a positive impact :)

Thanks. I had a deal fail a week before completion, and this was my first, so of course I felt a little sorry for myself!

After listening to the podcast (whilst building my sons bike!) it just gave me that clear thought process that I needed.

Now I have had an offer accepted on a 2nd property. Numbers aren't as good as the first, but it's about me popping my property cherry and getting the required momentum started (BTS venture to start, with BTL being introduced every 3 flips).

On a positive note, the 1st deal is still in the background, but will take months before the vendor has fixed his issues with the council over a disputed land charge. At this point, I should be a cash buyer, and as such can still proceed with the deal, and make a little more profit as I will not have the associated lending costs with it.

Everything happens for a reason, so I am staying positive!

4 minutes ago, jamesvcoane associates said:

This is very positive attitude.

It went a little further downhill from there!  The purchase of the 2nd fell through......

Although.... upon reflection it was a positive (although it did cost me in search fee's).  I was overpaying, as it was a rebound property!  I have however managed to source multiple direct to vendor purchases now, and I am 2 weeks off completing now.  See, everything does happen for a reason! :D