Vicky Nunes

TPP194: Rob & Rob analyse your deals

12 posts in this topic

This week's podcast is one we've never done before. We're going to analyse your latest deals, and thank you to all of you who have submitted details to us. If this is popular then we'll do it again in a few weeks as we have lots to get through! If you'd like to submit a deal for us to look into in the future, then you can do so right here.

What did you think to the three deals discussed on the podcast today? Would you have been tempted by Bradford, opted for Bedford or would anyone have had a different take on the Bristol investment? For future reference, we'd love to see your potential investments for towns that don't begin with B too! 

Having listened to this on my way to work this morning, I found it very interesting, a bit like last week when Rob and Rob discussed their own deals. It puts all the theory into practice and it's really useful to see how each deal is appraised. I for one would be happy to see this made a recurring feature, once a quarter maybe?

I really enjoyed this episode, the Bedford deal sounded quite nice. For obvious reasons a lot of examples on podcasts have already been bought and rented out, and have either gone really well or have been a bit of a disaster. So hearing the 2 Rob's analyse deals before they become either one was really refreshing, so would definitely like to hear more of these.

I would like to hear more of this. I especially liked how they compared 3 deals to each other and which one would they go for and why. I think one can get a good feeling on how Rob & Rob analyse properties.

The advice the Robs give each week are invaluable, but this episode made it much more real. Easier to see where to look or not to look for  properties. Excellent. Can't wait for the next one.

A huge big thank you to all of you for your feedback, we're all really happy you enjoyed this episode and we'll definitely bring you more like this in the future! 

Evert Taihuttu likes this

A huge big thank you to all of you for your feedback, we're all really happy you enjoyed this episode and we'll definitely bring you more like this in the future! 

Hi there,
Just listened to it and it's very useful episode: not only it's real cases, it can also provide more insight if one of the deal is in your target area, but also shows how Robs are analyzing deals which means a triple win!

Definitely worth listening to more similar episodes as the content of this one as broader scope but real examples is a perfect kick start for the next deals! 

Hi,

I love the podcast and have caught up with all of the episodes in the last 2 or 3 months. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with the content of this podcast which I feel was one of the weakest.

I would have liked to have heard more information on strategies for assessing investments. I would have thought you would have given information on how to research a specific postcode. i.e. crime statistics, employment statistics, home ownership stats etc. More detail could have been given on how to use rightmove for assessing average rent, asking price and selling prices.  No mention was made of using the 'exact area" "within 1/4 mile" and "within 1/2 mile" search facility to gain useful statistics.  I read about this on a property book but can't remember which it was.  There was also no mention of rental cover calculations and whether the deals were actually mortgageable.  I also thought that more should have been made of google streetview and its use for checking the "look" of an area.

I do not profess to be an expert in this sphere however have been researching auction properties recently using some of the strategies above.   

I hope you take this as constructive criticism and apologies that my first review is of this nature.  I promise that the next will be more positive.

regards

Mike