Ho ho ho, it’s the Property Podcast Christmas Special! In the finest traditions of TV highlights shows, we decided to round up some of our highlights of the year: our favourite books, the best resources, the most memorable episodes, and the biggest lessons we’ve learnt.
Our top 5 books
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer
- Benjamin Franklin by Walter Isaacson
- Get Up To Speed With Online Marketing by Jon Reed (and see our case study!)
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
Our top 5 episodes of this podcast
- Episode 24: Inflation: Your worst enemy or your best friend?
- Episode 26: 20 more property investments to avoid
- Episode 19: Our first property investments
- Episode 17: TPP Live – listener questions!
- Episode 4: Landlord v Investor
News this week
Our news story this week was about Zoopla kicking “aggregators” off its site. What this means is that companies can no longer just offer to put your property on Zoopla for £50 – they need to provide a genuine agency service for Zoopla to accept the listing.
How this plays out remains to be seen, but if Rightmove follows suit it could make agencies very happy but give landlords a few fewer options.
Resource of the week
Our resource of the week was our top 5 resources of the week – including one new one!
Our top 5 resources of the week
Mentions this week
We announced that The Property Hub Launch Party will be in London on Saturday 11 January!
It’s completely free, but you’ll need to book your place to let us know you’re coming.
To do that, and find out all the details, just visit thepropertypodcast.com/launchparty
We also asked you to follow The Property Hub on our new social presences:
Tell us what you thought of the show!
What were your favourite episodes from 2013?
And are there any extra books or resources you’d recommend?
Let us know in the comments!
If you enjoyed The Property Podcast, please letave a review on iTunes
Reviews are really important in helping other people to find the show, so by way of thanks we read out every single review we receive.
If you’d like to hear your name on the show, leave us a review on iTunes here.
Not sure how to do it? This video shows you how to review and subscribe.