Property tech and systems: could there be two topics we love more?
On this week’s episode we discussed some must-use systems in your property business, including:
- Systemising your tenant find process if you self-manage
- Maintaining a digital file for each property using Evernote (discussed in detail in our paperless property system course)
- Using Trello to track your viewings and follow-ups with agents
And we also shared some of our favourite tech tools:
- Signals, to see whether someone has opened the email you sent them
- Rapportive to see context about the people you’re emailing
- HelloSign to get people to sign your documents digitally (saving all manner of time and paper!)
- Sweet Process to document your procedures for other people to follow
We also discussed lettings and property management software, and how there doesn’t seem to be anything that completely gets it right. However:
- There’s a useful thread in The Property Hub about the different options that people have tried
- Property Hub member Kylie wants to know what you want from property software – help her out by taking her survey
Resource of the week
If you’ve got the odd task that you want to outsource, but not enough to justify hiring a dedicated virtual assistant FancyHands might be just what you need.
After buying a monthly “package” of a certain number of tasks, you just email them every time you’ve got a job that needs doing – and one of their vetted network of US-based assistants gets right on the case for you.
It got Rob D out of a sticky situation last week, and you might find it a nice, easy introduction to the world of outsourcing too.
News this week
Fergus & Judith Wilson are selling their entire portfolio of 1,000 properties – apparently netting them £100m in equity that they’ll have left over at the end.
Theirs is a success story for sure, but their success was built on extreme leverage in the run-up to the last crash: and for every story like theirs, countless others will have gone bust. A lot of bravery is required if you aspire to hit triple-digits with your tally of properties, but tread with caution too!
This week’s mentions
We’ve announced the next official Property Hub London meetup!
It’s happening in King’s Cross on 27 August, and it’s going to be amazing, obviously. Just visit thepropertyhub.net/meetup to grab your free tickets!
Join the conversation!
Have you implemented any systems in your property business that you would recommend to others?
Any essential software we missed?
We’d love to know, so join the discussion in The Property Hub!
If you enjoyed The Property Podcast, please leave a review on iTunes
Reviews are really important in helping other people to find the show, so by way of thanks we read out every single review we receive.
If you’d like to hear your name on the show, leave us a review on iTunes here.
Not sure how to do it? This video shows you how to review and subscribe.