Our first nationwide local meetups are TONIGHT – so to mark the occasion, we thought we’d dedicate this episode to questions you can ask other property investors you come across.
(And if you haven’t booked your place on a meetup yet, it’s not too late! Click here for all the details – they’re all completely free.)
The scariest part of networking is the thought of walking up to someone and having nothing to say. These questions give you a jumping-off point, and are designed to help you get beyond chit-chat about the weather and tease out areas of shared interests and complementary skills.
The questions are:
- What’s your “why” for investing in property?
- What’s been your biggest success so far?
- What are the pros and cons of investing in your area – how did you choose it?
- What are the criteria you use to determine what you invest in? How did you decide on those criteria?
- Are there any resources you’ve found particularly useful in your learning process?
- What are your goals for the next couple of years?
- What do you know now that you wish you’d known when you started out?
For discussion about the exact purpose of each of these questions and how to use them to maximum effect, listen to the episode!
Resource of the week
Perfectly complementing our episode this week, Tim Ferris recently released an episode of his podcast about how to build a world-class network in record time.
By combining the advice from his episode and this one, you’ll become the toast of the networking town – even if it’s something you currently find intimidating.
News this week
It won’t have escaped your attention that things have gone a bit iffy in China. But if you’re not sure about exactly what’s happened, why, and what the effects might be, this Economist article has an excellent summary.
We also enjoyed this article about China’s “ghost cities” and the amount of wealth stored in property, which sparked a detailed discussion on the podcast – take a listen for the full lowdown.
This week’s mentions
Our discussion about China led us (of course) to map it to the property cycle. If you’re not familiar with the concept of the property cycle, the two key episodes are:
- Episode 69 – The 18 Year Property Cycle
- Episode 71 – Long-term property predictions
- Episode 113 – How to survive a property crash
Join the conversation
Have you got any “go-to” questions that spark great conversations?
Any other networking tips to share?
We’d love to know, so join the discussion in The Property Hub!
If you enjoyed The Property Podcast, please leave a review on iTunes
Reviews are really important in helping other people to find the show, so by way of thanks we read out every single review we receive on air.
If you’d like to hear your name on the show, leave us a review on iTunes here.
Not sure how to leave a review? This video shows you how to review and subscribe on iTunes.