If you’ve got some money to invest in 2016, where’s the best place to put it? That’s the question we attempt to answer in this week’s episode.
Before getting to the specifics though, we needed to talk about the context – and the factors in play pull together lots of the topics we’ve covered over the last few weeks:
- The summer tax changes (see our course and Episode 123)
- The recently announced stamp duty changes (see our special episode)
- The current state of London (see Episode 141)
- Where we are in the property cycle (see Episode 69)
- The plans for HS2 and HS3 (see this week’s news story)
With that covered off, we can talk specifics – including:
- What Rob B considers the “new fundamentals”
- The knock-on effects of HS2 that you don’t hear so much about
- The search for undervalued areas
- Why Rob D is a fan of the midlands
- Why talking about where to invest in terms of cities is incomplete, and the property cycle can help us get more granular
It’s a packed episode, so take a listen and see what you think!
Resource of the week
Whichever one you use, an RSS reader is a must for pulling the wealth of information scattered across the web into one convenient place.
News this week
The first time “train” and “early” have ever appeared in the same sentence: HS2 will arrive at Crewe six years earlier than planned.
We talk about its implications for the area in the main part of this week’s episode.
Join the conversation
Where will you be investing in 2016? Any tips you’re willing to share?
Do you think we’ve missed the mark with any of our analysis?
We’d love to know, so join the discussion in The Property Hub!
If you enjoyed The Property Podcast, please leave a review on iTunes
Reviews are really important in helping other people to find the show, so by way of thanks we read out every single review we receive on air.
If you’d like to hear your name on the show, leave us a review on iTunes here.
Not sure how to leave a review? This video shows you how to review and subscribe on iTunes.