We never claim to be the greatest investors in the world, but one thing’s for sure – we’re a lot better than we used to be. This week we share five specific things we’ve done that have helped us to get better results.
We won’t spoil the episode by listing them out here, but there are specific resources we mentioned that will give you clues…
Resources for the property cycle:
– Episode 69: The 18 Year Property Cycle
– The Property Hub Magazine, Issue 2 cover story (subscribers can access back-issues through their account)
– Rob D’s book The Complete Guide To Property Investment gives it an entire chapter
Resources for learning about economics:
– David Smith’s Economics UK blog
– How to read the financial pages – Michael Brett
– The Worldly Philosophers: The lives, times and ideas of the great economic thinkers – Robert Heilbroner
– Free Lunch: Easily digestible economics – David Smith
– The Great Crash 1929 – John Kenneth Galbraith
Resource of the week
Yes, another interactive map! This one from Totally Money maps out the options for commuting into London – with handy filters for journey time, house prices and more.
If you’re seeking value in the South East, it could be a useful place to get some new ideas (or at worst, waste a bit of time and feel like you’re working).
Join us at the Property Investor Show!
The Property Investor Show at London’s ExCel is the country’s biggest and best property exhibition. We’ve been invited to exhibit…but of course, we’re going to do far more than just put up a stand and hang around!
We’re going to be holding our biggest ever meetup after the show, and also recording an episode of the podcast live on stage!
It’s all totally free, but you do need to book – both for the event itself, and the podcast recording (for which tickets are limited).
Can’t wait to see you there!
Join the conversation
What have you done to become a better property investor?
We’d love to know, so join the discussion in The Property Hub!
If you enjoyed The Property Podcast, please leave a review on iTunes
Reviews are really important in helping other people to find the show, so by way of thanks we read out every single review we receive on air.
If you’d like to hear your name on the show, leave us a review on iTunes here.
Not sure how to leave a review? This video shows you how to review and subscribe on iTunes.