We’re often scrambling around to find something for our weekly news story, but this week it’s all been happening – so we decided to round up the week’s announcements while they’re still fresh.
- We need another 1.8 million rental properties, says RICS
- Landlords have lost their legal challenge over the Finance Bill
- Perhaps as a result of the same changes, 63% of new mortgage applications are for limited companies
- And mortgage applications are only going to get more arduous: the Bank of England have set out their new underwriting requirements, with tougher stress-tests and requirements for portfolio landlords
- Finally, it’s more tough talk from another new government with the announcement of a £5bn fund to provide 25,000 new homes. Will it come to anything? Who knows…
There was plenty to talk about, so take a listen and see what you think!
Resource of the week
What’s better than a good bottle of wine? A good, cheap bottle of wine, obviously!
With the Vivino app you can scan the labels of all the bottles that are on special offer in your local supermarket and see what’s rated highly by a community of 20 million reviewers.
Downside? You’ll look like a bit of a weirdo. Upside? Never have a bad bottle again. Just make sure you make your main investment decisions for the day first…
Join the conversation
Are you worried about the new rules around mortgages? Are you part of the 63% who have turned to limited companies?
We’d love to know, so join the discussion in The Property Hub!
If you enjoyed The Property Podcast, please leave a review on iTunes
Reviews are really important in helping other people to find the show, so by way of thanks we read out every single review we receive on air.
If you’d like to hear your name on the show, leave us a review on iTunes here.
Not sure how to leave a review? This video shows you how to review and subscribe on iTunes.